Monday, October 31, 2011

why we need understanding?

Psalm 119:144(we need understanding so that we may live)
                144 Your statutes are always righteous; give me understanding that I may live.
Psalm 119:34, 73, 144, 169
              (we need understanding to keep the law and obey)
                34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
                (we need understanding to learn God’s commands)
                73 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.
                (we need understanding so that our prayers can be heard)
169 May my cry come before you, LORD; give me understanding according to your word.
Job 32:8 (The breath of the Almighty gives us understanding)
                8 But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.
Pro 2:6(From Lord’s mouth comes understanding)
                6 For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Dan 2:21(The Lord gives wisdom and understanding)
                21 He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
Jas 1:5(The Lord gives wisdom generously, without finding fault)
            5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Why we need understanding?
1)      we need understanding so that we may live
2)      we need understanding to keep the law and obey
3)      we need understanding to learn God’s commands
4)      we need understanding so that our prayers can be heard

How do we get the understanding?
1)      The breath of the Almighty gives us understanding
2)      From Lord’s mouth comes understanding
3)      The Lord gives wisdom and understanding
4)      The Lord gives wisdom generously, without finding fault

No comments:

Post a Comment