Monday, September 26, 2011

Lord takes away the disgrace we dread

Psalm 119:39, 22 (Lord takes away the disgrace we dread)
                39 Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good.
                22 Remove from me their scorn and contempt, for I keep your statutes.

Psalm 69:9(we endure scorn for God’s sake)
                7 For I endure scorn for your sake, and shame covers my face. 8 I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother’s children; 9 for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.

Psalm 89:51(Remember, Lord, the taunts with which your enemies, LORD, have mocked, with which they have mocked every step of your anointed one.)
                50 Remember, Lord, how your servant has been mocked, how I bear in my heart the taunts of all the nations, 51 the taunts with which your enemies, LORD, have mocked, with which they have mocked every step of your anointed one.

Isa 25:8(The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth.)
                8 he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
   from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Isa 51:7(Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults.)
                7 “Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have taken my instruction to heart: Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults.

Isa 54:4(“Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated.”)
                4 “Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment