Thursday, September 1, 2011

God longs to have us under His wings

Mt 23:37(God longs to have us under His wings)
                37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.
Psalm 57:1(my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge)
                1 Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
Psalm 61:4(I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings)
                4 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.



Isa 31:5(God almighty will shield us, deliver us and rescue us, like a bird hovering overhead)
                5 Like birds hovering overhead, the LORD Almighty will shield Jerusalem;
he will shield it and deliver it, he will ‘pass over’ it and will rescue it.”
Ruth 2:12(May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge)
            12 May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.”

Dt 32:10, 11 (God is protecting us like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young)
                10 In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye, 11 like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them aloft.

No comments:

Post a Comment