Friday, January 10, 2020

What keeps/makes one not be shaken




Psalm 16:7-9

7    I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
        even at night my heart instructs me.

8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure

Psalm 21:6-8

6 Surely you have granted him unending blessings
    and made him glad with the joy of your presence.

7 For the king trusts in the Lord;
    through the unfailing love of the Most High
    he will not be shaken.

8 Your hand will lay hold on all your enemies;
    your right hand will seize your foes.

Acts 2:24-26

24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25 David said about him:

“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
    Because he is at my right hand,
    I will not be shaken.

26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest in hope

We learn the following from the above verses

1) Keeping our eyes on the Lord for His counsel and His instruction makes us not be shaken

2) Even king trusts in the Lord and through the unfailing love of the Most High and will not be shaken.

3) Even Jesus was doing according to Father's counsel and instruction when He was on earth and not shaken

No comments:

Post a Comment