Tuesday, January 7, 2020

How can you be pleasing to God

How can you be pleasing to God
---------------------------------------------------

1 Kings 3:9-11
   
          9 So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”

10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. 11 So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice

Psalm 5: 3,4

3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.

4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;



Micah 6:6-8

6 With what shall I come before the Lord
    and bow down before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
    with calves a year old?

7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
    with ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
    the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly[a] with your God.


We learn the following from the above passages


1) Discernment to administer justice pleases God

2) God is pleased with righteousness and not with wicked

3)God required of us to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment