Monday, August 19, 2013

God called us to live a holy life

God called us to live a holy life

1 The 4:7

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

Lev 11:44

44 I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground. 45 I am the Lord, who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

1 Pet 1:15

14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    God called us to live a holy life

2)    God brought us out of Egypt to be our God, therefore be holy, because He is holy.


3)    As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment