Friday, August 9, 2013

Apostles were gentle and like mother caring for her little children

Apostles were gentle and like mother caring for her little children

1 The 2:7
            But we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her Children
1 The 2:11
11 For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, 12 encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Cor 4:14
14 I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children. 15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 

Gal 4:19
18 It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always, not just when I am with you. 19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20 how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you!

1 John 2:1
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

We learn the following from the above verses
1)    Apostles were gentle and like mother caring for her little children


2)    Ministers are like father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment