Friday, April 12, 2013

God chose us to be blameless and holy


God chose us to be blameless and holy

Eph 1:4

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

Lev 11:44

44 I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground.

Lev 20:7

“‘Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God. 

Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, who makes you holy.


2 Sam 22:24

24 I have been blameless before him
    and have kept myself from sin.

25 The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
    according to my cleanness[f] in his sight.

Psalm 15:2

Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
    Who may live on your holy mountain?

The one whose walk is blameless,
    who does what is righteous,
    who speaks the truth from their heart;

Eph 5:27

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 

Col 1:22

22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    God chose us to be blameless and holy

2)    We are to Consecrate ourselves and be holy by keeping God’s law and following them

3)    God rewards us for being holy and righteous

4)    If our walk is blameless, we can dwell in Lord’s sacred tent

5)    Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her  to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word

6)    Christ redeemed us to be without blemish and free from accusation

No comments:

Post a Comment