Friday, March 1, 2013

Jesus gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age


Jesus gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age

Gal 1:4

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Mt 20:28

28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Rom 4:25

25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

1 Cor 15:3

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Gal 2:20

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  Jesus gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age

2)  The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

3)  He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification

4)  Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

5)  We live by faith in the Son of God, who loved us and gave Himself for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment