Thursday, March 7, 2013

God blessed us through Abraham


Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith and announced the Gospel to Abraham that all nations will be blessed through him

 Gal 3:8
Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”[d] So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Gen 12:3

I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.

Gen 18:18

18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him.

19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”

Gen 22:18

Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”



Gen 26:4

I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring[a] all nations on earth will be blessed,[b]because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.”

Acts 3:25

25 And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith and announced the Gospel to Abraham that all nations will be blessed through him

2)  I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.

3)  Keeping the way of the Lord by doing what is just and right would bring our blessings

4)  If we obey God, all the nations of the earth will be blessed through us

5)  We will be a blessing when we obey God and do everything God expects us to do  by keeping His commands, instructions and His decrees

6)  God blessed us through Abraham

No comments:

Post a Comment