Sunday, November 27, 2011

We should be calm and quiet like a weaned child and should be content


Psalm 131:2(we should be calm and quiet like a weaned child and should be content)
                2 But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother;
   like a weaned child I am content
Psalm 116:7(Our soul finds rest for the Lord has been good to us)
                7 Return to your rest, my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
Psalm 46:10(we will have to wait for the Lord and know that He is our God)
            10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 62:1(Our soul finds rest in God as our salvation comes from him)
            1 Truly my soul finds rest in God;  my salvation comes from him.

Mt 11:29(we will find rest to our souls, when we are humble and gentle in heart)
            29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

 We learn the following from the above verses
1)      we should be calm and quiet like a weaned child and should be content
2)      Our soul finds rest for the Lord has been good to us
3)      we will have to wait for the Lord and know that He is our God
4)      Our soul finds rest in God as our salvation comes from him
5)      we will find rest to our souls, when we are humble and gentle in heart

No comments:

Post a Comment