Monday, November 7, 2011

Staying open through the watches of the night


Psalm 119:148(Meditating on God’s promises through the watches of the night gives us peace and comfort)
                148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.
Psalm 63:6(we can remember about God through watches of the night)
                6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
Deut 6:4-9(we should have God’s commandments in our hearts to love Him with all our heart and soul)
                4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.
Psalm 16:7(Our heart counsels and instructs us even at night, when we meditate on God)
                7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
Mt 14:25(Jesus went out to meet His disciples before the dawn)
                25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.
Job 35:10(Our hearts are filled with joy and songs in the night, when we meditate about God)
                10 But no one says, ‘Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night,
Psalm 42:8(God fills us with His song in the night, a prayer to God of our life)
                8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.
Psalm 77:6(when we meditate about God, He blesses us with gladness and songs)
                6 I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated and my spirit asked:
Why meditating on God’s word even at night
1)      Meditating on God’s promises through the watches of the night gives us peace and comfort
2)      we can remember about God through watches of the night
3)      we can have God’s commandments in our hearts to love Him with all our heart and soul
4)      Our heart counsels and instructs us even at night, when we meditate on God
5)      Our hearts are filled with joy and songs in the night, when we meditate about God
6)      God fills us with His song in the night, a prayer to God of our life
7)      when we meditate about God, He blesses us with gladness and songs

No comments:

Post a Comment