Tuesday, July 5, 2011

we should be listening to God

Mt 17:5(we should be listening to God)
                5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Acts 3:22, 23(we must listen to God in everything He tells us)
            22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.
                23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people
Deut 18:15, 18(God expects us to listen to Jesus)
            15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.
18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

Acts 7:37(Moses foretold the coming of Jesus)
                37 “This is the Moses who told the Israelites, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your own people
Luke 2:25-35(Simeon took Jesus in his arms and praising God)
28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
                29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace.
30 For my eyes have seen your salvation, 31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment