Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Son of Man came to serve

Mt 20:28(Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve)
            28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Isa 42:1(God’s chosen one is His servant)
                1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.
Luke 12:37(It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes)
                37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.
Lk 22:27(one who serves is greater)
            27 For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.

John 13:13-16(Jesus washed His Disciple’s feet)
                13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
2 Cor 8:9(Jesus became poor so that we might become rich)
                9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
Php 2:7(God made Himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant)
                7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant,
   being made in human likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment