Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lord gives strength to His people and blesses His people with peace

Lord gives strength to His people and blesses His people with peace

Psalm 29:10, 11

10 
The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
    the Lord is enthroned as King forever.

11 The Lord gives strength to his people;
    the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Psalm 78:5

He decreed statutes for Jacob
    and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our ancestors
    to teach their children,

so the next generation would know them,
    even the children yet to be born,
    and they in turn would tell their children.

Psalm 89:2

I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever;
    with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known
    through all generations.

I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
    that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.

Psalm 89:4

You said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
    I have sworn to David my servant,

‘I will establish your line forever
    and make your throne firm through all generations.’”[c]

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    Lord gives strength to His people and blesses His people with peace

2)    He decreed statutes for Jacob
    and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our ancestors
    to teach their children, so the next generation would know them.


3)    I will declare that God’s love stands firm forever,
    that He has established His faithfulness in heaven itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment