Monday, August 4, 2014

Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

Psalm 32:1, 5

Blessed is the one
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.

Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord does not count against them
    and in whose spirit is no deceit.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you
    and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
    my transgressions to the Lord.”
And you forgave
    the guilt of my sin.

Psalm 25:11, 18

10 All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
    toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.

11 For the sake of your name, Lord,
    forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

18 Look on my affliction and my distress
    and take away all my sins.

Psalm 78:38

38 Yet he was merciful;
    he forgave their iniquities
    and did not destroy them.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

2)    Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.

3)    When we acknowledge our iniquity, God forgives our guilt of sin

4)     All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
    toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.

5)    God is merciful and forgives our sins


No comments:

Post a Comment