Wednesday, March 19, 2014

God blessed Abraham because he has obeyed Him

God blessed Abraham because he has obeyed Him

Gen 22:17, 18

17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

Gen 24:1

Abraham was now very old, and the Lord had blessed him in every way.

Gen 25:11

11 After Abraham’s death, God blessed his son Isaac, who then lived near Beer Lahai Roi.

Gen 26:3, 5

Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring[a] all nations on earth will be blessed,[b] because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.” So Isaac stayed in Gerar.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)     God blessed Abraham because he has obeyed Him

2)     Lord blessed Abraham in every way

3)     After Abraham’s death, God blessed his son Isaac

4)     We receive god’s blessing when we keep His commands


No comments:

Post a Comment