Wednesday, October 31, 2012

We are not to pay evil for evil


We are not to pay evil for evil

Rom 12:17, 19

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.

19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath

Pro 20:22

22 Do not say, “I’ll pay you back for this wrong!”
    Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you.

Pro 24:29

29 Do not say, “I’ll do to them as they have done to me;
    I’ll pay them back for what they did.”

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  we are not to pay evil for evil

2)  Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath

3)  Do not say, “I’ll pay you back for this wrong!”
    Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you

Do not say, “I’ll do to them as they have done to me;
    I’ll pay them back for what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment