Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Lord is with us and we will not be afraid


The Lord is with us and we will not be afraid

Psalm 118:6

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?

The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies.

Isa 8:10

Raise the war cry,[c] you nations, and be shattered!
    Listen, all you distant lands.
Prepare for battle, and be shattered!
    Prepare for battle, and be shattered!

10 Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted;
    propose your plan, but it will not stand,
    for God is with us.

Jer 20:11

11 But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior;
    so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
    their dishonor will never be forgotten.

Heb 13:6

So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?”

We learn the following from the above verses

1)   The Lord is with us and we will not be afraid

2)   The Lord is with us and He is our helper


3)   Nations strategy against us will be thwarted for God is with us

4)   The Lord is with us like a mighty warrior, so our persecutors will stumble and will not prevail

No comments:

Post a Comment