Friday, October 12, 2012

God raises Pharaoh’s that He might display His power in them and His name might be proclaimed in all the earth


God raises Pharaoh’s that He might display His power in them and His name might be proclaimed in all the earth

Rom 9:17

17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”

Ex 9:16

13 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me,

16 But I have raised you up[a] for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.


Ex 14:4

And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So the Israelites did this.

Psalm 76:10

10 Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise,
    and the survivors of your wrath are restrained.

 We learn the following from the above verses

1)  God raises Pharaoh’s that He might display His power in them and His name might be proclaimed in all the earth

2)  Lord asked Moses to confront Pharaoh and say that He would show His power in Pharaoh so that His name might be proclaimed in all the earth

3)  Lord said to Moses that He will gain glory for Him through Pharaoh and his army

4)  God’s wrath against His enemies brings praise to God

No comments:

Post a Comment