Saturday, July 28, 2012

we should not hesitate to preach anything that would be helpful


Paul did not hesitate to preach anything that would be helpful

Acts 20:20

19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears and in the midst of severe testing by the plots of my Jewish opponents. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house.

Acts 20:27 (Paul did not hesitate to proclaim the whole will of God)

 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Psalm 40:10(We should speak of God’s faithfulness and saving help before great assembly)

I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; 
    I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know. 
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
    I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
    from the great assembly.

Jer 26:2(God wants us to proclaim His word so that people might repent)

“This is what the Lord says: Stand in the courtyard of the Lord’s house and speak to all the people of the towns of Judah who come to worship in the house of the Lord. Tell them everything I command you; do not omit a word.Perhaps they will listen and each will turn from their evil ways. Then I will relent and not inflict on them the disaster I was planning because of the evil they have done.

Jer 42:4(Jeremiah replied to army officers that he would tell everything the Lord says)

“I have heard you,” replied Jeremiah the prophet. “I will certainly pray to the Lord your God as you have requested; I will tell you everything the Lord says and will keep nothing back from you.”  

We learn the following from the above verses

1)   Paul did not hesitate to preach anything that would be helpful
2)   Paul did not hesitate to proclaim the whole will of God
3)   We should speak of God’s faithfulness and saving help before great assembly
4)   God wants us to proclaim His word so that people might repent
Jeremiah replied to army officers that he would tell everything the Lord says

No comments:

Post a Comment