Monday, July 2, 2012

The door of heaven was open for Jacob in Bethel and God blessed him.


The door of heaven was open for Jacob in Bethel and God blessed him.

Gen 28:17
15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. 
16 When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.” 17 He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.”

Luke 11: 1 – 9
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Mark 1:35
35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

Rev 4:1, 2
After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here,and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit,and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  The door of heaven was open for Jacob in Bethel and God blessed him.
2)  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. – we receive our blessing through prayer
3)  Jesus was praying early in the morning in a solitary place while it was still dark.
4)  John saw open door of heaven and angel invited him to see the things that will happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment