Friday, June 15, 2012

God found David son Jesse a man after His own heart and said David will do anything God want him to do.


God found David son Jesse a man after His own heart and said David will do anything God want him to do.

Acts 13:22
22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’

1 Sam 13:14
13 “You have done a foolish thing, ” Samuel said. “You have not kept the command the Lord your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. 14 But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.”

Jer 3:15
15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

 Isa 44:28
24 “This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself,
28 who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd
    and will accomplish all that I please;
he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,”
    and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’

We  learn the following from the above verses

1)     God found David son Jesse a man after His own heart and said David will do anything God want him to do.
2)     The Lord has sought out a man after His own heart and appointed him ruler of His people
3)     God gives us shepherds after His own heart, who will lead us with knowledge and understanding
4)     God said of Cyrus that He is God’s shepherd and will accomplish all that God please.

No comments:

Post a Comment