Thursday, May 17, 2012

When Stephen was stoned, he did not retaliate


When Stephen was stoned, he did not retaliate

Acts 7:59
            59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Psalm 31:5
            Into your hands I commit my spirit; 
    deliver me, Lord, my faithful God.

Lk 23:46
            46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.”[a] When he had said this, he breathed his last.

1 Pet 2:23
            23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)     When Stephen was stoned, he did not retaliate
2)     We should commit ourselves to God for our deliverance
3)     Jesus committed His spirit in to Father’s hands
4)     When people hurled their insults against Jesus, He did not retaliate

No comments:

Post a Comment