Thursday, May 24, 2012

Holy Spirit taking His servants away for His ministry


Holy Spirit taking His servants away for His ministry

Acts 8:39(Philip was taken away by the Holy Spirit after his ministry to eunuch)
            39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.

1 Ki 18:12(Obediah telling to Elijah that Elijah might be taken away by the Spirit)
            12 I don’t know where the Spirit of the Lord may carry you when I leave you. If I go and tell Ahab and he doesn’t find you, he will kill me. Yet I your servant have worshiped the Lord since my youth.

2 Ki 2:16(Prophets requesting Elisha to look for Elijah after he was taken away to heaven)
            15 The company of the prophets from Jericho, who were watching, said, “The spirit of Elijah is resting on Elisha.” And they went to meet him and bowed to the ground before him. 16 “Look,” they said, “we your servants have fifty able men. Let them go and look for your master. Perhaps the Spirit of the Lord has picked him up and set him down on some mountain or in some valley.”
“No,” Elisha replied, “do not send them.”


Eze 3:12, 14(Spirit of the Lord took away Ezekiel)

            14 The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the Lord on me. 

Eze 43:5(When Spirit of the Lord took Ezekiel to the inner court, glory of the Lord filled the temple)
            Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple.

2 Cor 12:2(Paul explaining about a man in Christ caught up to third heaven)
            I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.

1 The 4:17(We will meet the Lord in the air in His second coming)
            17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)     Holy Spirit taking His servants away for His ministry
2)     Philip was taken away by the Holy Spirit after his ministry to eunuch
3)     Obediah telling to Elijah that Elijah might be taken away by the Spirit
4)     Prophets requesting Elisha to look for Elijah after he was taken away to heaven
5)     Spirit of the Lord took away Ezekiel
6)     When Spirit of the Lord took Ezekiel to the inner court, glory of the Lord filled the temple
7)     Paul explaining about a man in Christ caught up to third heaven
8)     We will meet the Lord in the air in His second coming
9)      

No comments:

Post a Comment