Friday, November 7, 2014

Jesus gives eternal life to those who follow Him

Jesus gives eternal life to those who follow Him

John 10:28

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 

John 12:25, 50

25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 

 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

John 17: 2, 3

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    Jesus gives eternal life to those who follow Him and no one can snatch them from His hand

2)    Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 

3)    Father command to eternal life


4)    Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment