Tuesday, November 18, 2014

God promised Isacc that He will be with him and his descendants to bless them

God promised Isacc that He will be with him and his descendants to bless them



Gen 26:3, 5, 12, 24

The Lord appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live.

Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. 

I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring[a] all nations on earth will be blessed,[b] because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.
12 Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him. 13 The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy.

24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.”


Gen 25:11

11 After Abraham’s death, God blessed his son Isaac, who then lived near Beer Lahai Roi.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    God promised Isaac that He will be with him and his descendants to bless them

2)    Because Abraham obeyed God, He blessed Isaac and promised him all the nations of the earth will blessed through his descendants.

3)    Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him. 13 The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy.

4)    That night the Lord appeared to Isaac and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.”


No comments:

Post a Comment