Sunday, February 10, 2013

We are sons and daughters of our God


We are sons and daughters of our God

2 Cor 6:18

“I will be a Father to you,
    and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”

Ex 4:22

22 Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son, 23 and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.”

2 Sam 7:14 (Nathan’s word to David on how God will bless his offspring’s)

14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands. 15 But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you.

 Isa 43:6

I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
    and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
    and my daughters from the ends of the earth—

everyone who is called by my name,
    whom I created for my glory,
    whom I formed and made.”

Rom 8:14

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  We are sons and daughters of our God

2)  We are God’s firstborn

3)  We are God’s children and God’s love will never taken away from us

4)   Everyone Who is called by God’s name,  whom God created for His glory and whom God made and formed are God’s sons and daughters

5)   Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God

No comments:

Post a Comment