Monday, February 25, 2013

Boasting about our weakness so that power of Christ may rest on us


 Boasting about our weakness so that power of Christ may rest on us

2 Cor 11:30, 16

30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

16 I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting.


Gal 6:14

14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which[a]the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

2 Cor 12: 5, 9

I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 

We learn the following from the above verses

1) Boasting about our weakness so that power of Christ may rest on us

2)    Boasting  in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which[a]the world has been crucified to us, and we to the world

3)     I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment