Friday, February 8, 2013

God has helped us in the day of salvation


God has helped us in the day of salvation

2 Cor 6:2

As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you,
    and in the day of salvation I helped you.”

Isa 49:8

This is what the Lord says:
“In the time of my favor I will answer you,
    and in the day of salvation I will help you;
I will keep you and will make you
    to be a covenant for the people,
to restore the land
    and to reassign its desolate inheritances,
to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’
    and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’

Psalm 69:13

13 But I pray to you, Lord,
    in the time of your favor;
in your great love, O God,
    answer me with your sure salvation.
14 Rescue me from the mire,
    do not let me sink;
deliver me from those who hate me,
    from the deep waters.


Isa 55:6

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
    call on him while he is near.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    God has helped us in the day of salvation

2)    In the time of God’s favor He will answer us,
    and in the day of salvation He will help us

3)    God will keep us and will make us
    to be a covenant for the people,
to restore the land
    and to reassign its desolate inheritances

4)    God answers us with His sure salvation in the time of His favor

5)    We are to seek the Lord while He may be found and
    call on Him while He is near

No comments:

Post a Comment