Friday, December 21, 2012

The Lord’s people will judge the world


The Lord’s people will judge the world

1 Cor 6:2

do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

Mt 19:28

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:30

28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials.29 And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

1 Cor 5:12

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  The Lord’s people will judge the world

2)  Those who followed Jesus will also sit with Him judging others

3)  Those who stood by Jesus in His trials will sit on the thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel


4)  We are to correct those who are inside the church

No comments:

Post a Comment