Monday, December 31, 2012

The earth is Lord’s and everything in it


The earth is Lord’s and everything in it

1 Cor 10:26

26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.

Psalm 24:1

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,
    the world, and all who live in it;
for he founded it on the seas
    and established it on the waters.

Ex 9:29

29 Moses replied, “When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in prayer to the Lord. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is the Lord’s.

Ex 19:5

Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you[a] will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ 

Job 41:11

11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
    Everything under heaven belongs to me.

Psalm 50:12

12 If I were hungry I would not tell you,
    for the world is mine, and all that is in it.

1 Ti 4:4

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    The earth is Lord’s and everything in it

2)    The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,
    the world, and all who live in it

3)    Moses replied to Pharaoh, “When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in prayer to the Lord. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is the Lord’s

4)    Now if we obey God fully and keep His covenant, then out of all nations we will be His treasured possession

5)    Everything under heaven belongs to God

6)    For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment