Monday, November 25, 2013

Scriptures makes us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus

Scriptures makes us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus

2 Tim 3:15

14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 

Deut 4:6

See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it. Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.” 

Psalm 119:98, 99

98 Your commands are always with me
    and make me wiser than my enemies.

99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
    for I meditate on your statutes.

100 I have more understanding than the elders,
    for I obey your precepts.

101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
    so that I might obey your word.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)     Scriptures makes us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus

2)     Observing God’s commands carefully will show our wisdom and understanding to the nations

3)     God’s commands are always with me
    and make me wiser than my enemies.

4)     I have more insight than all my teachers,
    for I meditate on God’s statutes.

5)     I have more understanding than the elders,
    for I obey God’s precepts.


6)     I have kept my feet from every evil path
    so that I might obey God’s word.

No comments:

Post a Comment