Thursday, November 28, 2013

Keep your head in all situations and endure hardships, do the work of an evangelist

Keep your head in all situations and endure hardships, do the work of an evangelist

2 Tim 4:5

But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

2 Tim 1:8

So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 

2 Tim 2:3, 9

Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.

Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    Keep your head in all situations and endure hardships, do the work of an evangelist

2)    Do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord

3)    Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.

Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment