Sunday, May 26, 2013

Singing and making music from our heart to the Lord

Singing and making music from our heart to the Lord

Eph 5:19

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,

Psalm 27:6

Then my head will be exalted
    above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
    I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Psalm 95:2

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
    and extol him with music and song.

Acts 16:25

25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 

1 Cor 14:15, 26

15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding. 

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Col 3:16

 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  Sing and make music from our heart to the Lord

2)  Our heads will be exalted above our enemies who surround us, we will sing and make music to the Lord

3)  Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

4)  Let us come before him with thanksgiving
    and extol him with music and song.

5)  About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

6)   When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you are singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment