Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Christ gave himself for us as a fragrant offering and a sacrifice to God


Christ gave himself for us as a fragrant offering and a sacrifice to God

Eph 5:2, 25

Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Gal 1:4

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Gal 2:20

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  Christ gave himself for us as a fragrant offering and a sacrifice to God

2)  Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

3)  The Lord Jesus Christ gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father

4)  We live by faith in the Son of God, who loved us and gave himself for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment