Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Praying for rescue


Praying for rescue

Rom 15:31

31 Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that the contribution I take to Jerusalem may be favorably received by the Lord’s people there

2 Cor 1:10

10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,

2 Th 3:2

And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith.

2 Ti 3:11

10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 

2 Pet 2:9

if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  We are pray for God’s people so that they may be rescued

2)  God has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us again. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us

3)  Pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith

4)  The Lord has rescued Paul from all the sufferings and persecutions

The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment

No comments:

Post a Comment