Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Constantly remembering people in prayers (Continued)


Constantly remembering people in prayers (Continued)

Php 1:4

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,

Col 1:9

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way

2 The 1:11

11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.

2 Ti 1:3

I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

Phm 1:4

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)   Paul was praying with joy for church at Philippi
2)  Paul was praying for people of Colossae  to fill them with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that they may live a life worthy of the Lord
3)  Paul was praying for the church of Thessalonians that God may bring to fruition their every desire for goodness
4)   Paul was remembering Timothy in his prayers day and night
5)  Paul was praying for Philemon and his church

No comments:

Post a Comment