Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our sins are washed away when we are redeemed calling on God’s name


Our sins are washed away when we are redeemed calling on God’s name

Acts 22:16
16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

Lev 8:6
Then Moses brought Aaron and his sons forward and washed them with water.

Psalm 51:2
Have mercy on me, O God,
    according to your unfailing love; 
according to your great compassion 
    blot out my transgressions. 
Wash away all my iniquity
    and cleanse me from my sin.


 Eze 36:25
 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)  Our sins are washed away when we are redeemed calling on God’s name
2)  Moses and Aaron washed their sons with water
3)  Our sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus
4)  God’s mercy, compassion and unfailing love wash our iniquities.
5)  When God made us clean, we are clean from all impurities
6)  We are to be born again in flesh and spirit to be with God 

No comments:

Post a Comment