Monday, August 13, 2012

Helping the poor and present our offerings to God


Helping the poor and present our offerings to God  

Acts 24:17(Paul went to Jerusalem to bring gifts to the poor and to present offerings)

17 “After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings.

Acts 11:29, 30(The church in Antioch was helping the for the brothers and sisters living in Judea)

29 The disciples, as each one was able, decided to provide help for the brothers and sisters living in Judea. 30 This they did, sending their gift to the elders by Barnabas and Saul.

Rom 15:25-28, 31(Sharing our material blessings with poor)

25 Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the Lord’s people there. 26 For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the Lord’s people in Jerusalem. 27 They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings. 28 So after I have completed this task and have made sure that they have received this contribution, I will go to Spain and visit you on the way. 29 I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)   Paul went to Jerusalem to bring gifts to the poor and to present offerings
2)   The church in Antioch was helping the for the brothers and sisters living in Judea
3)   Sharing our material blessings with poor is a blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment