Monday, August 6, 2012

Fulfilling our duty to God in all good conscience


Fulfilling our duty to God in all good conscience

Acts 23:1
23 Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, “My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day.”

Acts 24:16
16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

1 Cor 4:4
My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

2 Cor 1:12
12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity[b] and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God’s grace. 

1 Ti 1:5, 19
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

18 Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well,19 holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith. 

We learn the following from the above verses

1)   We should be fulfilling our duty to God in all Good conscience
2)   We should strive always to keep our conscience clear before God and man.
3)   Our conscience should be clear
4)   Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with people of God, with integrity[b] and godly sincerity
You may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment