Friday, September 19, 2014

Be still and know our Lord

Be still and know our Lord

Psalm 46:10

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

Heb 8:11

11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.

12 For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.

Jer 16:21

20 Do people make their own gods?
    Yes, but they are not gods!”

21 “Therefore I will teach them—
    this time I will teach them
    my power and might.
Then they will know
    that my name is the Lord.


Jer 31:34

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
    after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.

34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    Be still and know our Lord

2)    From the least to greatest will know the Lord, for He will forgive their wickedness and remembers their sins no more.

3)    Through His power and might people will know He is the Lord.

4)    God will put His law in our minds and write them in our hearts and He will be our God and we will be His people.  


No comments:

Post a Comment