Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Sovereign Lord helps us therefore we know that we will not be put to shame

The Sovereign Lord helps us therefore we know that we will not be put to shame

Isa 50:7, 9

Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
    I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
    and I know I will not be put to shame.

It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me.
    Who will condemn me?
They will all wear out like a garment;
    the moths will eat them up.

1 Sam 7:12

12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer,[b] saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”

Heb 13:6

So we say with confidence “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?”

Rom 8:26

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)     The Sovereign Lord helps us therefore we know that we will not be put to shame

2)     The Sovereign Lord who helps me.
    Who will condemn me

3)     Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer,[b] saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”

4)      So we say with confidence “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?”  

5)     The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 


6)     The Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment