Thursday, January 5, 2012

Honoring parents -- continued

Mal 1:6 (Honoring God as Honor your parents)
                6 “A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the LORD Almighty.
   “It is you priests who show contempt for my name.
   “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

Lev 19:3(God wants us to respect our father and mother)
            3 “‘Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.

Eze 22:7(father and mother should not be treated with contempt)
            7 In you they have treated father and mother with contempt; in you they have oppressed the foreigner and mistreated the fatherless and the widow.

Mt 15:4(God wants us to honor our father and mother)
            4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b]

We learn the following from the above verses
1)      We should honor God as we honor our parents
2)      God wants us to respect our father and mother
3)      father and mother should not be treated with contempt
4)      God wants us to honor our father and mother

No comments:

Post a Comment