Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jesus spoke in parables

Jesus spoke in parables
Mark 4:34(Jesus explained all the parables to His disciples)
            34 He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.

John 16:25, 29(Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech )
                25 “Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.
                29 Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech.
Psalm 78:2(parable is figures of speech, explains the hidden things from of old)
                2 I will open my mouth with a parable;
   I will utter hidden things, things from of old—
Eze 20:49(Jesus spoke in parables so that God’s word can be fulfilled)
                49 Then I said, “Sovereign LORD, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”
Mt 13:34(Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables)
                34 Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.
John 10:6(Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them)
                6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment