Saturday, December 3, 2011

God sets up a lamp for His anointed one



Psalm 132:17(God sets up a lamp for His anointed one)
                17 “Here I will make a horn grow for David and set up a lamp for my anointed one.
1 Ki 11:36(God sets up a lamp so that we can glorify/praise His name)
                36 I will give one tribe to his son so that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to put my Name.
2 Ki 8:19(God blesses our generations through His name)
            19 Nevertheless, you are not the one to build the temple, but your son, your own flesh and blood—he is the one who will build the temple for my Name.’

2 Chr 21:7(God sets up a lamp to bless us and generations, because of the covenant)
                7 Nevertheless, because of the covenant the LORD had made with David, the LORD was not willing to destroy the house of David. He had promised to maintain a lamp for him and his descendants forever.
Psalm 18:28(Lord helps us keep the lamp burning by turning the darkness into light)
                28 You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
We learn the following from the above verses
1)      God sets up a lamp for His anointed one
2)      God sets up a lamp so that we can glorify/praise His name
3)      God blesses our generations through His name
4)      God sets up a lamp to bless us and generations, because of the covenant
5)      Lord helps us keep the lamp burning by turning the darkness into light

No comments:

Post a Comment