Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lord blessed Abraham and made him many

Lord blessed Abraham and made him many

Isa 51:2

look to Abraham, your father,
    and to Sarah, who gave you birth.
When I called him he was only one man,
    and I blessed him and made him many.

Isa 65:23

19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
    and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
    will be heard in it no more.

23 They will not labor in vain,
    nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
    they and their descendants with them.



Jer 31:23

20 Is not Ephraim my dear son,
    the child in whom I delight?
Though I often speak against him,
    I still remember him.
Therefore my heart yearns for him;
    I have great compassion for him,”
declares the Lord.

23 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: “When I bring them back from captivity,[c] the people in the land of Judah and in its towns will once again use these words: ‘The Lord bless you, you prosperous city, you sacred mountain.’

Hag 2:19

19 Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit.
“‘From this day on I will bless you.’”

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    Lord blessed Abraham and made him many

2)    The Lord delights in us and changes the sound of weeping and crying to joy

3)    We will not labor in vain,
    nor will we bear children doomed to misfortune

4)    We are the people blessed by the Lord

5)    God’s heart yearns for us and He has great compassion for us

6)    The Lord will bring us back from captivity and will bless us


7)    Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit. From this day God will bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment