Monday, October 13, 2014

God established His covenant with Abraham and his Descendants for the generations to come to be our God

God established His covenant with Abraham and his Descendants for the generations to come to be our God

Gen 17:7

Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, “As for me, this is my covenant with you:You will be the father of many nations. No longer will you be called Abram[b]; your name will be Abraham,[c] for I have made you a father of many nations. 

I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 

I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.

Gen 17:19

19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.[d] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

Exo 15:17

By the power of your arm
    they will be as still as a stone—
until your people pass by, Lord,
    until the people you bought[d] pass by.

17 You will bring them in and plant them
    on the mountain of your inheritance—
the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling,
    the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.

18 “The Lord reigns
    for ever and ever.”

Lev 26:11

11 I will put my dwelling place[a]among you, and I will not abhor you. 12 I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. 13 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.

We learn the following from the above verses

1)    God established His covenant with Abraham and his Descendants for the generations to come to be our God

2)    Lord brings us to plants us on the mountain of His inheritance

3)    The Lord reigns forever and ever


4)    Lord will walk among us and be our God and we will be His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment